Are you dealing with broken window glass or old, damaged windows in Kenmore, WA? Home window glass repair doesn’t need to be complicated. To make it easy for you, our experts at King County Window & Glass have put together an easy-to-follow guide for navigating window glass repair in Kenmore.
You’ll learn how to determine if your windows need a repair and your best options for completing the repair, along with the pros and cons of each method. Spend less time on window repair and more time hiking at Saint Edward State Park, sipping craft beer at Cairn Brewing or letting off steam at Rage Industry.
When Do You Need Window Glass Repair?
There are four main factors in determining if you need window glass repair or replacement:
- Are you having any difficulty opening and closing your window? If your windows are hard to operate, jamming, or sticking, it could be impacting your windows’ integrity, and it’s time to repair or replace them.
- Are you dealing with outdoor noise being too loud? If your current windows have poor sound resistance, too much noise could be seeping into your home. You could also be dealing with poor insulation, which could impact your utility bills. If the noise is impacting your ability to get a good night’s sleep or your ability to be fully comfortable in your home, a repair or replacement is worth it.
- Do you notice a draft of air when your window is closed? This could result in higher heating and cooling costs. A window repair or replacement upgrade may cost more upfront, but it will pay dividends in the long run.
- Are your current windows damaged enough that you notice condensation between panes? This can cause moisture to build up, leading to rot and mold — both costly problems. Mold left unattended can impact your home’s foundation, the structural integrity of your home and the safety of your family.
Who Should Repair My Window?
After you determine your window glass in Kenmore needs repair, you have three main options:
- If your window only needs small repairs, you can try to DIY it. A small repair means you can fix it with clear nail polish, epoxy or tape. This usually entails a small window crack or a small area letting in a draft. The cons of this route are it’s not going to be as aesthetically pleasing as a professional repair, and it requires research to ensure you don’t exacerbate the problem.
- If you are suffering from cracks or improper window installation that’s impacting your energy efficiency, you should seek out a professional repair. Professional expertise will increase the likelihood of the repair lasting longer. Compared to DIY, it can be more expensive, but it’s often worth it.
- If you are dealing with large cracks that cannot be repaired or notice issues related to the window frame, we recommend a professional replacement. This ensures your window issues don’t turn into mold remediation or an injury, both of which are costly.
Rely on King County Window & Glass For Window Repairs in Kenmore
If you’ve determined it’s time to replace your windows and decide to go the professional repair or replacement route, give our experts at King County Window & Glass a call. Whether you are trying to repair or replace all your windows or just a singular one, we have a variety of window solutions to choose from.
We help you determine the right components for your home’s style by focusing on material, size, budget and climate. Windows come in four main frame materials: vinyl, aluminum, wood or fiberglass. If your home currently has wood frames, wood is a good replacement choice. Fiberglass is highly expensive but very durable whereas aluminum is the most affordable but has problems with durability. All in all, vinyl is the most popular option due to its color variety, availability, cost and longevity.
KC Window & Glass experts will help you pick the type of window as well: single-hung, double-hung, awning, sliding, picture, bay & bow, customized and more. If you’re looking for more energy efficiency, we’ve got you covered.
In Kenmore, we recommend you prioritize your energy usage. We’ll help you choose the right glass package based on your unique home needs. Analyze your budget and what you can afford — prioritize the benefits that are important to you and your family. Low emissivity coatings, or low-E glass, will ensure your home retains heat in the winter and reflects away heat during the summer. Our low-E glass will help you save on heating and cooling costs in the long run.
One of our experts will walk you through the entire repair or replacement process, making your window shopping experience less stressful and more enjoyable. Window glass repair doesn’t have to be complicated — it can be easy with our professionals a KC Window & Glass.
To ensure all the correct steps are taken and you have a final product that lasts for years and years to come, get a quote from us today. We turn around quotes in less than two days so we can get your window glass in tip-top shape.